Skip to main content

Mystic Messenger

What is "Mystic Messenger"? I'm sure many, if not almost all, have heard about it. Mystic Messenger is a South-Korean otome game for Android/iOS. It was released in summer 2016 by Cheritz but it has already recieved loads of admiration, respect and fans from across the globe. The game is like no other, a very unique and original idea. In 2017, it was even rewarded for being the "Best Indie Game" at Korea Game Awards 2017. 

The plot of the game; The player is the main [female] character. Her name can be changed but she's often known as MC. One day, the protagonist downloads a mysterious app, which leads her to eventually meet 6 strangers who are part of a charity organization called "RFA". Now, the player's mission is to join the RFA and help ultimately organize a charity party within a week by inviting guests. But it's not that easy; there are many potential obstacles that can come in your way...

And I happen to be one of those HUGE fans of Mystic Messenger. It's just... amazing. In one word. Amazing. The numerous stories & endings are heartbreaking, the interactive gameplay's fun, each character has its own individual backgrounds, Cheritz keeps the game updated frequently to add new things... I can go on.

Sounds interesting? Then, I most definitely recommend giving Mystic Messenger a try. It'll be worth your while, I promise!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Black-Haired Woman: Chiyuki

For this Character of the Week , I chose my favourite female protagonist ever. However, there will be heavy spoilers in this one, so beware if you have not seen the anime Death Parade yet! Her name in the anime is never revealed until the very end, and she has black hair with a tiny white strand on the right side, so she has always been known as The Black-Haired Woman (or, in Japanese, 黒髪の女 [Kurokami no Onna]). To fans, she is sometimes referred to as Onna , which means "woman" in Japanese. Her real name is Chiyuki , though her surname is unknown. The series followed Decim , the main character and the bartender of Quindecim , but the way Decim judges souls changes completely and the story makes a turn when the mysterious woman shows up at the bar. As she has no idea how or why she came there, she became Decim´s assistant at the bar and started helping him with the lost souls that comes frequently to the place, just like the black-haired woman. When you die, you arriv...

Corpse Party & Sachiko Shinozaki

Before starting with the Character of the Week, I would like to give background because I absolutely LOVE Corpse Party. It is so unique and, when I discovered it, unlike anything I had seen before! So, what is it? Corpse Party (in Japanese, コープスパーティー Kōpusu Pātī ) is a series of several things; Video games, anime OVA, manga works, drama CDs and live action films. I cannot go over every part of CP, that would be way too long of a blog post so I´ll be mostly talking about the games. This is the history & what it says on the official Fandom Wiki: "On April 22nd 1996, an adventure game called CORPSE-PARTY was published in the Spring 1996 edition of LOGIN Sofcom No.6 . It was made by a 22-year-old college student by the name of Makoto Kedouin , who typically stylizes his surname as Kedwin. On February 26th 1997, Kedwin won the grand prize in the Second Annual ASCII ENTERTAINMENT competition, netting him 5 million yen. It´d be nine years before the world saw Corpse Part...

Darling In The FranXX: 02

Today's "Character of the Week", I decided to include one of the main characters from the anime Darling In The FranXX, a short anime I really fancy. I will be talking about none other than Zero Two, or 002, the main heroine and the deuteragonist. Darling in the FranXX is a short (It has 1 season containing 24 episodes) Sci-Fi, Mecha, Action & Romance anime that premiered in winter 2018, airing from January 13th to July 7th 2018. Very well, onto the description: "In the distant future, humanity has been driven to near-extinction by giant beasts known as Klaxosaurs, forcing the surviving humans to take refuge in massive fortress cities called Plantations. Children raised here are trained to pilot giant mechas known as FranXX—the only weapons known to be effective against the Klaxosaurs - in boy-girl pairs. Bred for the sole purpose of piloting these machines, these children know nothing of the outside world and are only able to prove their existence by ...