Skip to main content

Love is Like a Cocktail

Love is Like a Cocktail, or Osake wa Fufu ni Natte kara in Japanese, is a short manga series with 11 volumes written and illustrated by Crystal na Yosuke. The first manga volume was announced 2015, so as you can guess, it is a finished series, but I've been dying to watch the anime as soon as I heard they made an anime adaption of the webmanga in 2017! Even though it is labelled as a Romance, I would call it more of a kind of Comedy-Slice of Life.

"Quiet but capable, Mizusawa Chisoto is a beautiful leader at work who has a secret at home that only her husband, Sora, knows about: She loves to drink alcohol, and when she does, she becomes extremely adorable! What bliss will Sora's cocktail bring tonight? "Yoidere", the drunken comedy cocktail about Japan's most lovey-dovey couple."

I must say that I love this anime! I was fine with it being short and every episodes only 3 minutes long; it has its own charm and there is no need to drag out things that way, which I like. I am not a drinker, yet I enjoyed this anime so much. Well, drinker or not, I think anyone would enjoy this anime, to be honest! Chi-chan is such a character (along with Sora), even though there's not much story involved at all. And what's even funnier... you get to learn about a new cocktail each episode! They display and explain the drink, how it is made and what ingredients to use. Very educational, haha.

My overall rating of the anime Love is Like a Cocktail: 8,5/10!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Black-Haired Woman: Chiyuki

For this Character of the Week , I chose my favourite female protagonist ever. However, there will be heavy spoilers in this one, so beware if you have not seen the anime Death Parade yet! Her name in the anime is never revealed until the very end, and she has black hair with a tiny white strand on the right side, so she has always been known as The Black-Haired Woman (or, in Japanese, 黒髪の女 [Kurokami no Onna]). To fans, she is sometimes referred to as Onna , which means "woman" in Japanese. Her real name is Chiyuki , though her surname is unknown. The series followed Decim , the main character and the bartender of Quindecim , but the way Decim judges souls changes completely and the story makes a turn when the mysterious woman shows up at the bar. As she has no idea how or why she came there, she became Decim´s assistant at the bar and started helping him with the lost souls that comes frequently to the place, just like the black-haired woman. When you die, you arriv...

Corpse Party & Sachiko Shinozaki

Before starting with the Character of the Week, I would like to give background because I absolutely LOVE Corpse Party. It is so unique and, when I discovered it, unlike anything I had seen before! So, what is it? Corpse Party (in Japanese, コープスパーティー Kōpusu Pātī ) is a series of several things; Video games, anime OVA, manga works, drama CDs and live action films. I cannot go over every part of CP, that would be way too long of a blog post so I´ll be mostly talking about the games. This is the history & what it says on the official Fandom Wiki: "On April 22nd 1996, an adventure game called CORPSE-PARTY was published in the Spring 1996 edition of LOGIN Sofcom No.6 . It was made by a 22-year-old college student by the name of Makoto Kedouin , who typically stylizes his surname as Kedwin. On February 26th 1997, Kedwin won the grand prize in the Second Annual ASCII ENTERTAINMENT competition, netting him 5 million yen. It´d be nine years before the world saw Corpse Part...

Darling In The FranXX: 02

Today's "Character of the Week", I decided to include one of the main characters from the anime Darling In The FranXX, a short anime I really fancy. I will be talking about none other than Zero Two, or 002, the main heroine and the deuteragonist. Darling in the FranXX is a short (It has 1 season containing 24 episodes) Sci-Fi, Mecha, Action & Romance anime that premiered in winter 2018, airing from January 13th to July 7th 2018. Very well, onto the description: "In the distant future, humanity has been driven to near-extinction by giant beasts known as Klaxosaurs, forcing the surviving humans to take refuge in massive fortress cities called Plantations. Children raised here are trained to pilot giant mechas known as FranXX—the only weapons known to be effective against the Klaxosaurs - in boy-girl pairs. Bred for the sole purpose of piloting these machines, these children know nothing of the outside world and are only able to prove their existence by ...