Skip to main content

K-On! - Mio Akiyama

"Hirasawa Yui, a young, carefree girl entering high school, has her imagination instantly captured when she sees a poster advertising the "Light Music Club". Being the carefree girl that she is, she quickly signs up; however, Yui has a problem, she is unable to play an instrument.

When Yui goes to the clubroom to explain, she´s greeted by the other members: Ritsu, Mio, and Tsumugi. Although disheartened at Yui´s lack of musical know-how, they still try to convince her to stay to prevent the club´s disbandment. After playing Yui a short piece which re-ignites her imagination, they succeed in keeping their new member and guitarist.

Along with the tasks of school and homework, Yui begins to learn the guitar with the help of the other band members, experiencing many mishaps along the way. However, with the school festival drawing near and Yui getting stuck with her practice, will the Light Music Club be ready in time for their debut?"

K-On! (in Japanese, けいおん!) is a 13-episode-long Comedy, Slice of Life, Music, School anime from spring/summer 2009 (April 3rd to June 26th 2009). It started, like most animes, as a manga [by Kakifly] that then became an anime. The anime has OVAs and a second season called K-On!!. The series also received a Best TV Animation Award at the 2010 Tokyo International Anime Fair.
I will be talking about one of the mains, with the name Mio Akiyama.

 
 Mio Akiyama is one of the main characters in K-On! and the mature but scaredy-cat bassist and second vocalist of the band in the anime (Ho-kago Tea Time).

Appearance-wise, Mio stands at 5'3" (160 cm), being the tallest in the group and has straight, long, black hair and gray-blue eyes. As shown in episode 4 of season 1, she is also quite a bit more busty than the others, much to Yui and Ritsu´s dismay, and later Azusa´s as well. Her weight is 54 kg. Attires: Like all students of the school, Mio wears a school uniform. Prefers pants over skirts. In summertime, she likes to wear sleeveless clothes, such as tank tops.

Character-wise, Mio is the bass player of the Light Music Club. Even though she acts mature, calm and collected most of the time, she freaks out from things she is afraid of, are gross, or pertain to gore. Because of her extreme shyness, she chose the bass over the more conspicuous guitar. She is so delicate that merely imagining herself being the center of attention almost makes her faint, but she still plays the bass quite well. She is kind and warm with others, caring about her friends and knowing they are important to her.

---

I am embarrassed to admit this, but I have not actually seen this anime, despite loving music and have played the guitar & keyboard myself. I wish I would watch it though when I have time so I can see my favourite character of the band; Mio! She seems adorable, I love her character. It seems like a very fun anime that many people like and recommend, so I really need to see it sooner or later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Black-Haired Woman: Chiyuki

For this Character of the Week , I chose my favourite female protagonist ever. However, there will be heavy spoilers in this one, so beware if you have not seen the anime Death Parade yet! Her name in the anime is never revealed until the very end, and she has black hair with a tiny white strand on the right side, so she has always been known as The Black-Haired Woman (or, in Japanese, 黒髪の女 [Kurokami no Onna]). To fans, she is sometimes referred to as Onna , which means "woman" in Japanese. Her real name is Chiyuki , though her surname is unknown. The series followed Decim , the main character and the bartender of Quindecim , but the way Decim judges souls changes completely and the story makes a turn when the mysterious woman shows up at the bar. As she has no idea how or why she came there, she became Decim´s assistant at the bar and started helping him with the lost souls that comes frequently to the place, just like the black-haired woman. When you die, you arriv...

Corpse Party & Sachiko Shinozaki

Before starting with the Character of the Week, I would like to give background because I absolutely LOVE Corpse Party. It is so unique and, when I discovered it, unlike anything I had seen before! So, what is it? Corpse Party (in Japanese, コープスパーティー Kōpusu Pātī ) is a series of several things; Video games, anime OVA, manga works, drama CDs and live action films. I cannot go over every part of CP, that would be way too long of a blog post so I´ll be mostly talking about the games. This is the history & what it says on the official Fandom Wiki: "On April 22nd 1996, an adventure game called CORPSE-PARTY was published in the Spring 1996 edition of LOGIN Sofcom No.6 . It was made by a 22-year-old college student by the name of Makoto Kedouin , who typically stylizes his surname as Kedwin. On February 26th 1997, Kedwin won the grand prize in the Second Annual ASCII ENTERTAINMENT competition, netting him 5 million yen. It´d be nine years before the world saw Corpse Part...

Darling In The FranXX: 02

Today's "Character of the Week", I decided to include one of the main characters from the anime Darling In The FranXX, a short anime I really fancy. I will be talking about none other than Zero Two, or 002, the main heroine and the deuteragonist. Darling in the FranXX is a short (It has 1 season containing 24 episodes) Sci-Fi, Mecha, Action & Romance anime that premiered in winter 2018, airing from January 13th to July 7th 2018. Very well, onto the description: "In the distant future, humanity has been driven to near-extinction by giant beasts known as Klaxosaurs, forcing the surviving humans to take refuge in massive fortress cities called Plantations. Children raised here are trained to pilot giant mechas known as FranXX—the only weapons known to be effective against the Klaxosaurs - in boy-girl pairs. Bred for the sole purpose of piloting these machines, these children know nothing of the outside world and are only able to prove their existence by ...