Skip to main content

J-Pop: E-girls

E-girls, which stands for Exile Girls, was an all female Japanese girl group formed by the agency LDH and signed on the music label rhythm zone. Their genre was J-pop and electronic dance-music, and they were active from April 24th 2011 to December 31st 2020. There are too many members to individually go through all of them, but almost all girls came from diverse pop-groups such as Dream, Happiness, Flower and EGD (stands for EXPG Girls Dancer). Members have come and gone, but as of 2017, there were 11 members; SAYAKA, Kaede, Fujii Karen, YURINO, Suda Anna, Washio Reina, Bando Nozomi, Sato Harumi, Ishii Anna, Yamaguchi Nonoka and Takebe Yuzuna.

Created as a sister act to the boy band EXILE, E-girls debuted in 2011 with their single "Celebration". Following their formation, E-girls consisted of 21 members. On 28 December 2011, the group premiered Celebration, which peaked inside the Top 10 on the Oricon Singles Chart, the Japanese music industry standard singles popularity chart.

After a string of promotional recordings, E-girls released their debut record Lesson 1 two years later. The following year, they released their second single "One Two Three" in April, which performed moderately on the charts than their former recording. By the time they prepared to release their third single, the total number of members got up to whole 31 people. Like I said though, this number decreased throughout the years, with now the remaining 11 girls still keeping the group alive. They have 5 studio albums, over 20 singles, they've been on 3 tours and even have a photobook called "Colourful Diary".

To be brutally honest, even though I am writing about them (which I am mostly doing because they just disbanded), I actually do not really like this collective group. It is simply just not my cup of tea when it comes to their music and videos. I think it lacks creativity and it is very cliché. But that is my opinion; maybe you, the readers, think differently. Give E-girls a try and share your opinions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Black-Haired Woman: Chiyuki

For this Character of the Week , I chose my favourite female protagonist ever. However, there will be heavy spoilers in this one, so beware if you have not seen the anime Death Parade yet! Her name in the anime is never revealed until the very end, and she has black hair with a tiny white strand on the right side, so she has always been known as The Black-Haired Woman (or, in Japanese, 黒髪の女 [Kurokami no Onna]). To fans, she is sometimes referred to as Onna , which means "woman" in Japanese. Her real name is Chiyuki , though her surname is unknown. The series followed Decim , the main character and the bartender of Quindecim , but the way Decim judges souls changes completely and the story makes a turn when the mysterious woman shows up at the bar. As she has no idea how or why she came there, she became Decim´s assistant at the bar and started helping him with the lost souls that comes frequently to the place, just like the black-haired woman. When you die, you arriv...

Corpse Party & Sachiko Shinozaki

Before starting with the Character of the Week, I would like to give background because I absolutely LOVE Corpse Party. It is so unique and, when I discovered it, unlike anything I had seen before! So, what is it? Corpse Party (in Japanese, コープスパーティー Kōpusu Pātī ) is a series of several things; Video games, anime OVA, manga works, drama CDs and live action films. I cannot go over every part of CP, that would be way too long of a blog post so I´ll be mostly talking about the games. This is the history & what it says on the official Fandom Wiki: "On April 22nd 1996, an adventure game called CORPSE-PARTY was published in the Spring 1996 edition of LOGIN Sofcom No.6 . It was made by a 22-year-old college student by the name of Makoto Kedouin , who typically stylizes his surname as Kedwin. On February 26th 1997, Kedwin won the grand prize in the Second Annual ASCII ENTERTAINMENT competition, netting him 5 million yen. It´d be nine years before the world saw Corpse Part...

Darling In The FranXX: 02

Today's "Character of the Week", I decided to include one of the main characters from the anime Darling In The FranXX, a short anime I really fancy. I will be talking about none other than Zero Two, or 002, the main heroine and the deuteragonist. Darling in the FranXX is a short (It has 1 season containing 24 episodes) Sci-Fi, Mecha, Action & Romance anime that premiered in winter 2018, airing from January 13th to July 7th 2018. Very well, onto the description: "In the distant future, humanity has been driven to near-extinction by giant beasts known as Klaxosaurs, forcing the surviving humans to take refuge in massive fortress cities called Plantations. Children raised here are trained to pilot giant mechas known as FranXX—the only weapons known to be effective against the Klaxosaurs - in boy-girl pairs. Bred for the sole purpose of piloting these machines, these children know nothing of the outside world and are only able to prove their existence by ...